Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Swifties

In what may be the start of a new tradition, I am posting my first Tom Swifties. (If you don't know what a Tom Swifty is, check out Wikipedia or Slate Star Codex.) 

  1. "Russia should have two rulers" Tom said bizarrely 
  2. "I am going to meditate now" Tom said preemptively
  3. "I have a strange burning down there" Tom said candidly
  4. "I wouldn't mind getting cannibalized" Tom said mistakenly
  5. "I don't think the Virgin Mary went to heaven" Tom said unassumingly
  6. "Oh, it's a negligible wound" Tom said in passing
  7. "I told you I want my coffee BLACK" Tom screamed bitterly
  8. "I should have worn the seat belt" Tom said aerodynamically
  9. "I'm stuck" Tom said platonically
  10. "God will understand" Tom insinuated
  11. "There must be more life in the universe" Tom said misanthropically
  12. "Tom said recursively" Tom said recursively
  13. "I don't know when I'll be finished" Tom said indecisively
  14. "There is no such thing as a first cause" Tom said atomistically
  15. "Butt jokes are tired" Tom said analytically
  16. "Jokes about butt jokes are better" Tom said meta-analytically
  17. "Do I speak or am I spoken?" Language said through Tom
  18. "I'm tired of standing" Tom lied
  19. "Get that purple zebra away from my wings" Tom said acidly
  20. "I will start a multi-million dollar podcast" Tom said arrogantly
  21. "You need to warm it up first" Tom scolded
  22. "Yes, I am connecting from the US" Tom said approximately
  23. "One of you shall betray me" Tom said crucially
  24. "I offer one hundred more" Tom said morbidly
  25. "What's your IQ, 100?" Tom asked meanly
  26. "Germany should abandon the euro" Tom remarked
  27. "All we see or seem... A dream within a dream" Tom said poetically


BONUS:

"I'll reach that turtle in the end" Achilles said half-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment